I’ve had nothing to say about Lost for the last two weeks because, seriously. It’s frying my brain. FRYING MY BRAIN. I sit down to formulate questions and theories and quippy one-liners and there’s this little electrical fizzle as the wires in my head short out and so I just go, ah, f*ck it, and wander off to write Desmond fanfic.
Which, speaking of… remember that time I was all PLEASE GODS BRING US A SAWYER/MILES COP SHOW? AND CALL IT SAWYERSKY AND HATCH?
Yes. THAT. Please, Gods, make THAT happen.
My (very scattershot) theories/thoughts/brainfarts about this week:
1) That last scene? Where Jack and Fake Locke and random extras got bombed by some Widmore bomb and then Fake Locke dragged Jack away and was all – dun DUN dun! – “you’re with me now”? I think that Jack died there – from the bomb blast. That’s why the sound and everything went all wonky. And it’s why Fake Locke said what he did – Jack’s with him because Jack died and he brought him back, just as he did with Claire and (if you believe what Sayid told Desmond in the well) (Desmond!) Sayid. So, yeah. That’s what I think happened. That’s how Jack became the ‘Last Recruit’. Whether he stays that way or comes back from the dark side “like Anakin,” I don’t know (although my guess is yes.)
2) DOES Fake Locke represent the dark side? I’m not so sure. I keep saying this, I know, but really: I’ll be surprised and kinda disappointed if he turns out to be simply bad. Especially since Jacob really is kind of douchey. He can’t be the sum of good on the island. Nuh-uh.
3) I’m still attached – all the more attached, since it seems that Real Locke might die – AGAIN – in the alternate reality – that Locke has died way to many times for us to take it as read that Fake Locke only just jumped into him when his Ben-murdered body arrived on the island (speaking of which – should we be reconsidering why Ben murdered him in light of Fake Locke’s machinations? Whose pawn is Ben, anyway?) By my count, Locke might have/should have died – what? – at least 4 times. When his dad shoved him out the window, when the Hatch blew up with him in it, when Ben shot him in the pit of Dharma bodies, and when Ben murdered him off-island, right? What’s up with that, and how does it bear on how we understand Fake Locke?
4) Would somebody please blow up that Tina Fey chick who works for Widmore? PLEASE?
5) Jack’s wife in sideways reality (and mother of his son): Juliet. It HAS to be.
6) I’m seeing some speculation on the interwebs that the apple Sawyer was brandishing around Kate in the cop shop in the sideways reality was a tip-off that he and Kate are going to turn out to be Adam and Eve, those two skeletons from way back and that made an appearance a few episodes ago. I really, really hope not. Sawyer and Juliet 4-EVAH!
7) When Fake Locke told Jack that what/who Jack saw when he saw his dad was him, did you believe him? I kinda didn’t. And when Claire, later, asked Jack if F/Locke had tole him that, and kinda smirked, I took that as confirmation that I was maybe right to not believe him. At least not totally. Or something.
8) I’m diggin’ Jack these days. Especially Jack in the sideways world, with his adorable kid. If he has to choose to not have that life, I am going to be a little bit gutted.
9) Are we ever going to find out where baby Aaron fits into the Island picture? If he does at all, which he should, right? I mean, ‘raised by another’ and all: that was important once upon a time. Is it still?
10) Desmond can follow me into an elevator anytime, I’m just sayin’.
That’s all I got. BRAIN KER-SIZZLE.
(If you have written your own Desmond or Sawyer fanfic, please to share.)